Ecumenical & Interreligious Affairs
The Office works to foster the ecumenical goal of the visible unity of Christians, to deepen interfaith relations with Jews and Muslims, and to nurture understanding among all religious groups.
The Director of Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs serves the Diocese as a resource to the Bishop and the various offices of the Diocese in all matters of ecumenical and interreligious issues. The Director is a representative to the various Christian, Jewish and non-Christian communities as well as a developer and coordinator of bilateral and multilateral official dialogue of the Diocese of Sacramento.
The attainment of union is the concern of the whole Church, faithful and shepherds alike. This concern extends to everyone, according to his or her talent, whether it be exercised in his or her daily Christian life or in his or her theological and historical research. This concern itself reveals already to some extent the bond of brotherhood between all Christians and it helps toward that full and perfect unity which God in His kindness wills.
Decree of the Second Vatican Council on Ecumenism
- Ecumenical Gathering of Clergy- March 23, 2017
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2017
- Annual Interfaith Legislative Prayer Service- January 10, 2017
- Interfaith Homelss Memorial Service- December 19, 2016
- Spring Blessing on our Communities- March 20, 2017
- Power of One Dinner- May 17, 2017